What Is Black Mold?
Being faced with black mold is both scary and intimidating, especially with the news reports and articles about the dangers of black mold. With all these articles and reports swirling around, it can make actually dealing with it daunting. That’s why it’s important to know just what we’re dealing with when it comes to black mold in your home or business. Stachybotrys Chartarum is the type of mold that we call black mold, or toxic mold. It of course can cause irritants and allergens – but so can other types of mold. It’s important to treat mold – no matter what it is – with caution. If you discover it, stay out of the affected areas. Don’t touch or disturb it, and don’t spray bleach on it. Instead, call SERVPRO of Grapevine/NE Tarrant County, and let us help you deal with it, so we can get your home clean and safe, “Like it never even happened.”
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Grapevine / NE Tarrant Co. immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (817) 595-2506
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Grapevine / NE Tarrant Co. is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Trophy Club